It's been a crazy last day or two, as I cast on for the Alexandra Ballerina Top on Wednesday night and...couldn't stop. :P I'm usually not one for bulky yarns, but it sure makes projects come together quickly! I've used up 3 balls of my RYC Soft Tweed so far to get to this point:
My cables seem somewhat wonky, but I'm hoping that a little blocking and tweaking later on will help that. I was quite pleased with how my swatch reacted to a wash -- the stitches smoothed out and took on a very pretty luster. I was glad, too, that I re-did my swatch to make it in the round -- it made a definite difference. Looks like I'll definitely be able to finish this before the end of the month!
I've also picked up my other Fitted Knits project again, the languishing U-Neck Vest. I'd been worrying that the vest would make me look too much like a busty barmaid, but once I actually seamed the shoulders together, it didn't look that bad. I've just got to do the shoulder and neck edgings now: