Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wicked!

I finished this sweater just in time to wear for Easter Sunday, and yes, I did question whether that was appropriate, given the pattern's name. :P



The details...

Pattern: Wicked, by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Cascade 220, color 9407 (celery - about 3 1/2 skeins)
Needles: US 8
Time: Errr, off and on, over 3 or 4 weeks?

My gauge was small on both 7s and 8s, so I decided to go up a size and hope that move would work out. I probably could have done fewer raglan increases, but I'm still pleased with the fit (I wanted something comfy, not super-snug). For the pocket, I picked up stitches on the body and began knitting it from there, and not as it's own separate piece. I think this created a nice even line across the top of the pocket. I also did the bottom in the cross-over rib, as seed stitches takes me an eternity.

And while I'm here, here's my progress on the Back-to-School vest from Fitted Knits (love this book!):

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This looks great! I've been thinking about making Wicked for awhile now and yours is inspiring me even more. What size did you make and how many skeins of the Cascade did you use?

Chelsey said...

Ooo I think I want to knit that. I've been looking to do a sweater, and it's so... modifyable!

Andrea said...

I love your vest and color you chose. It's on my list to do. I can't wait to see it finished.

CaveGurl said...

I knit Wicked recently and I really like how your's turned out. Mine is definitely more snug, mostly because I accidentally went down a needles size. I did the cross-over cable stitch for the bottom too, it just looks better.

I want to make that vest too, I can't wait to see you model yours.